I can't believe that I forgot to post about this town! While we were in Villa de Leyva we took a little trip to a town called Raquira. It was about an hours drive from where we were staying. After spending the day in Villa de Leyva, where the pueblo is very colonial, it was fun to see Riquira, a town of many colors, and murals.
Almost every store sold hammocks. I was quite close to buying one!! Just an issue of getting it home :)
The word Raquira means 'City of Pots' in the Chibcha language. It is a town that if full of art, and hand made things.
They had some statues showing the different types of hand made things that people make here.
Even the church has some added color to it! :)
I just love all the colors! A lot of towns in Colombia are covered in graffiti, but here I did not see any! Just the beautiful colors with the murals.
Taking a rest from all the shopping.
I spent the most money here then I have anywhere else! A perfect place to buy souvenirs, and some things that I just could not pass up!
1 comment:
Wow, what a bright, colorful, and artsy place.
Post a Comment