Saturday, May 28, 2011

Moments in Villa de Leyva


Let's start our tour of Villa de Leyva! I was told by many people how beautiful Villa de Leyva is. That it's an old, Spanish style town. Well, just being told it's beautiful did not prepare me for this town that took my breath away. It is a heavenly place, quite and peaceful with an old feel to it. I quickly decided that I could easily live there! 


This was my first glimpse of the town. Love at first sight! 


As we were walking into the town, we passed a house where they were practicing dancing. They invited us in to watch for a bit. They sure knew how to move!


The streets of Villa de Leyva are all made of stone. It's makes for a bumpy car ride, and also when walking you have to be a bit careful. Especially if you are anything like me, and tend to be a bit clumsy :) 


Beautiful flowers EVERYWHERE!!!! 



Below: the Plaza. Breathtaking with the mountains in the background! 






I can tell you, the pictures do not even do it justice! I wish everyone could spend a weekend at this place. 



No comments: