We spent Mothers day in Sopo at the Finca. I was sad not to be with my mom. We had the chance to skype, and that was really nice. You have to love technology! It's amazing how well you can stay in touch when you are in different parts of the world.
Even though I did not have my mom on Mothers Day, I was surrounded by mothers!
My Tia and Tio never had children, but many people think of Tia as a mother. And because she is like a grandma to me, she is also like a mother. I have only known her for a month, but I feel like I have known her all my life!
A singer was hired to entertain us while we visited outside. He played and sang very well, and we all enjoyed listening to him. He sang quite a few songs for the Mothers, and took some requests from them as well.
My cousin Jeronimo helped keep the beat.
A few of the mothers of the day!
Here is Consuelo with her husband German.
Martha with her husband, Jeronimo.
Catalina with her husband Juan Diego.
Consuelo and German with their granddaughter. Too bad you cant see her very well. She was all dressed up so pretty for the day :)
And here are a few more mothers. On the left is Gilma, and on the right is Paula Monica.
We really had a nice day together. One thing that is a challenge for me when there is a group of people is being able to follow conversation. Especially at the dinner table, when you have people talking to the person on the other side of the table, with 4 or so conversations going on like that, in very loud voices, it's hard to keep track! I found it very amusing even though I was not following any of it :)
A lot of the family is very good at taking the time for one on one conversations with me. I love it when they do that. It is so much easier to have a one on one, and that way I am able to talk, and learn the language more. And one day, I'll be able to jump into the table conversation :)
No comments:
Post a Comment