On Tuesday night I went to the Sister Workers batch to have dinner with them. Then stayed at one of the friends house just down the road. This little lady's name is Senora Ofelia. I look at this picture, and she really does look very little, while I look like a giant! On Wednesday morning, one of the sister workers, Salena, picked me up, and we hoped on a bus to head to a little town called Fusa where we would go to Bible Study.
We had time to look around Fusagauga, Fusa for short, when we got into town. Below is a market we roamed around.
Some plants for sale.
This is a little garden at one of the friends home where the Bible Study is.
Getting lunch ready. Making a yummy fruit drink.
The friends at this home make leather goods for a living. Here is the little workshop they have in the home.
Leather tools......
Leather......
And the sewing machine.
I told Salena that she matched right in with the couch, so I had to take a picture :)
The road they live off of.
This is me with another sister worker, Karen. She was in Colombia getting her visa papers figured out. She labored in Colombia for 14 years, and is now in Penn. helping out her parents.
The wonderful little meeting. A very friendly bunch of folks that I have enjoyed getting to know!
At this point I can not remember the names...once I do I will update this :) We got a ride back to the bus station.
When we got back to the batch there were some of the friends there waiting for us. Salena's companion Ema did not go to Fusa with us because she has not been feeling well. So these folks came to give her company, and eat dinner with us.
It's funny, I was just about to write all the names of the people in the above picture, when I only just now realized that the sister workers name is Karen, and so is the mom holding the baby. The whole time I have been saying the workers name in an English accent, and the mom's in a Spanish, and it did not seem like they had the same name. How funny. So, anyway, that is Karen, and Karen, and Cesar. The babies name escapes me. She was so cute!
Above: Here is a picture of Ema. I had meant to get one of Ema and Salena together, but it did not happen. Ema is from Chile, while Salena is from Irland. I have a lot of fun with these ladies. They are very kind to have an open home to me.
So, after dinner I took a taxi home, only to find out their was a party going on there that I did not know about! My cousin Consuelo had received a very prized award at the University she works at, so they were celebrating.
Paula, Consuelo's daughter, Consuelo, and Martha.
You can't see it too well in this picture, but Consuelo has a ribbon on her shirt that she received as a part of her award. It was a very pretty ribbon!
And of course I always need to add a picture of my tios :) I wish I had gotten a picture of the food! There were beautiful cheese platers with meats and fruit. It was a nice way to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment