On your drive to Villa de Leyva there were quite a few history lessons, and a lot of stops at historical places. It was nice to learn a little Colombian History. I can’t tell you that I understood it all, cause I did not. And for some reason, the parts that I did understand I am having a hard time translating into English to explain it here. So, I will share some of the pictures, and try to tell just a little bit.
So our first stop was at the Bridge of Boyaca. This is where Bolivar and his troops fought the Spanish. It was a battle that hugely effected the independence of not only Colombia, but also Venezuela, Ecuador, and Panama from Spain.
The statue of Bolivar up on a hill.
The person writing the story of Bolivar.
Some sheep up on the hill.
An eternal flame at the place of the battle.
This place is just outside of a town called Tunja. Tunja is a very important city in Colombia due to it's help in the independence. Here the women would feed and cloth the soldiers.
I loved learning about some of the Colombian History. I need to read some book so I can have a better understanding of it all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment