Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moments in Sopo...again :)

This time while in Sopo we did a little tour of the town. It was raining so we did not walk around too much, but at least I did get to know the town a little better!

Here are a few of my tour guides :) 


I mentioned in a previous post that Sopo has the largest cheese factory in Colombia. So they took me to the big cheese shop they have there. It was fun to see their version of the 'Tillamook Cheese Factory' :)

Above: The shop

A pretty little creek running through the yard. 

A fountain. Notice on each side the big yogurt bottles :)

Inside they had everything you could think of, milk related. One thing that is kind of different is that a lot things are not packaged in cartons or jars like they are in the States. They come in bags. Milk comes in a bag. You put the bag in a container, cut the tip, and pour. 


 Some of the yard decor :) 

Next stop was the old old church in town. 

Areas just outside of the church. 


On the way back to the family home I requested a stop to the cemetery. I have always loved cemeteries, and was excited to see one that's a bit different then I'm used to! Most of the graves are above ground.


 Below is where my great great grandma is buried, and other family members. There are a lot of plots like this, where there is room for the whole family in one building.


It was fun to tour Sopo. And believe it or not, there is still a lot more to see there! So this is not the last post about Sopo :) 

No comments: