Saturday, May 28, 2011

Moments of Scenery

This last weekend we went to Villa de Leyva. It’s about a 4 hour drive from Bogotá, located in a different state called Boyacá. I have been really bad when it comes to road trips. I tend to fall asleep with in the first 10 min or so and just feel really sleepy during the ride. We were going to a new place, with a whole new set of Colombia’s countryside, and I did not want to miss it! Here are a few of the pictures of the drive.


We were only an hour or so out of Bogotá when we stopped to get some lunch. Here is Tio ordering his sandwich. (this is NOT a typical Colombian lunch)

This was a very colorful spot where we stopped. 


Next stop, buying bread. Every time we go somewhere many stops are made for several different items. A lot of the time you don't buy all your goods at one stop. 


The next few pictures are just some of the scenery on the way to Villa de Leyva. My family is so funny, they think I have never seen green before. So they kept saying, look at all the different colors of green!! It was very pretty :)






I did not get any pictures of the dirt. But it was pretty cool. At some parts the exposed dirt was of every color, black, red, yellow...almost like a rainbow!



No comments: