On Mothers Day I had the privilege of seeing the birthplace of my grandma. It was an overwhelming experice for me. The estate where she was born is so beautiful. I could hardly believe the size! I was not able to get in beyond the gate, so I could not get a very good picture. My family does not own this home anymore, so I can't just walk in. It sounds like I will have the opportunity in a few weeks to go inside after a few phone calls are made :)
There is a lot of history that goes with this home. I still don't have the information all correct in my mind but I do know that a Vice President of Colombia signed papers in this house that made him the President. There are books that talk about this house. I am going to have to read it sometime, and find out more about it. I also have an uncle who is a great wealth of information, and I can get dates and info from him too :)
It was so so special to see this place. I loved my Grandma so much, and I wish I could have seen it with her. But I have felt her close to me during my time here in Colombia.
No comments:
Post a Comment