If you remember from a few posts ago, I already when to a salt mine. Well, we went to another one the other day in a town about 45 min out of Bogota called Zipaquira. This mine is a lot bigger, and way more popular. It was neat, but in my opinion the other one was better. Everyone in Bogota knows about Zipaquira, but the other mine, just 20 more min from Zip, most people don't know about!
Anyway, here are a few pics from what is called "Cathedral of Salt" in Zipaquira.
They have the stations of Christ under the ground in the mine. The interpretation into English was kind of comical.
Here they have the biggest underground cross in the world.
A part of The Creation of Adam done in salt.
A wishing well. I found a coin on the ground in the mine, so I thought I might as well use it in the wishing well. We'll see what happens :)
Here are some of the natives with what they used to trade, and to offer to the Gods. Emeralds, salt, and gold.
There was a cheesy 3-D movie about the mine.
A statue of a minor hard at work, with the Colombia flag behind him.
No comments:
Post a Comment