The other weekend I went back to Fusa to spend Saturday night, and then be there for Meeting on Sunday morning. As usual, my time with the friends is very special.
The home where the workers and I stayed is up a LONG, and STEEP hill!
When we got there, no one was home. So, we made ourselves comfortable, and played with the pet turtle :)
Here are two of the sons, sitting down for tamales and hot coco. Yummy!
A close up of my tamale.
This is lunch on Sunday.
A beautiful view from high up!
The above little houses are what the husband and wife make for a living. They are SO cute! And there is a section to put in an incense stick, and the smoke rises out of the stove. I had to buy one :) Each home is a scene of the different styles of stoves at different Fincas around Colombia.
Some of the foods that are on the stoves of the little houses. To the left is a leg of lamb, and the right are the arepas (smaller, and thicker then a tortilla).
Some more of their work.
Here I am with the sister workers, Salena and Ema.
The parents of the home. A lovely couple!
The whole family, plus a the one to the far left in blue is a cousin.
Walking down the hill to catch the bus back to Bogota.
What a fun weekend spent there in Fusa! I love how when you visit other countries the friends open their homes, and hearts to you. It does not matter how well you speak the language, they want to share everything with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment