After taking a little nap when I got to my new home, I went to the next building over to meet my Tia Lucia, and Tio Eduardo for the first time. Tia Lucia is my grandmas sister.
Tia Lucia and Martha. Martha is my dads cousin, and she is the one I will be spending most of my time with.
This is Tio Edwardo. He is really funny, and I wish I understood everything he says! I am glad they live so close to where I am staying.
Tia Lucia was really excited to introduce all the different kind of fruits they have here in Colombia. We went to a market that was mostly just produce, and there was a LOT of it!
The fruit above is called guanabana. Tia Lucia has been giving me a bad time for not being able to remember the name of it. You can't tell in this picture how big the fruit actually is. It is used in a lot of things.I have eaten it by itself, in cake, in a mixed drink, and in ice cream.
I have been really good at trying all the new things. My family is always saying, she wants to try everything Colombian! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment