Monday, April 25, 2011

Moments in the Car

For Semana Santa, or in English Holy Week we drove about 3 hours to a small town called Anapoima. It is known as the "The Sun of Eternal Youth" due to it's nice climate. Tia Lucia and Tio Eduardo have a condo there, and invited us for the week. We had a fun drive on the way there, with many stops along the way.


Giuliana got to ride in the back with Tia and Tio. Tio is very much a joker, and likes to poke and prod. So even though I was not in the back with them, I was in a perfect position for him to get me in the front every once in a while. 





This is a pretty common occurrence due to heavy rain fall. 


Some pretty hills we passed along the way. 


We drove through the rain forest on our way to Anapoima, but I could not get a good picture of what it looked like because we drove right on by it pretty fast. 


They grow a lot of bamboo in the area we past through. So, we saw quite a few places made out of the bamboo. My understanding is the bamboo is not native to the area, but imported from China.



We stopped at this place to grab a bite to eat. Yummy! The sausage hanging there is really good! 





A guy across the street selling avocados. The avocados here are SO big! We bought a few to take with us to Anapoima. 


A place we passed that was selling hammocks. 




The next stop we made was a fruit stand. I think it is a place my family stops at a lot when going to Anapoima, because the people there knew my tios. 


They had samples of the fruit, and it was all so so good! Sweet and fresh! We bought a lot of fruit for our stay in Anapoima. 


This was a pretty tree that was at the fruit place. 


The view from the fruit stand. I love how the sky looks! 


We stopped once again to eat lunch. I felt like we were eating all day!


The sign welcoming us to Anapoima! We made it!! :)

1 comment:

Andi said...

Send me an avocado!!