It was tradition for years to get together with the cousins, and make gingerbread houses. It has been a few years since we had done it, so Emily, being the tradition keeper, said we needed to do it again. So, we did. It was a lot of fun!
We had a lot of goods to choose from to be creative in making our houses. Some people ate more than they put on their house....I won't name names :)
Emily happy we are all together :)
Erica hard at word on the frame of her house. Sadly in the end the roof ended up being a flat roof from the weight of the candy on it!
Mom is working on a tree for Nick's yard.
Nick adding touches to his house.
Looking good!
Andi kept it simple, but it was still cute.
I was not sure I should put this picture in, but if Bill does not want to smile for the picture, that's not my problem ;) This was Bill's first time, and his turned out great! Loaded with candy!
Emily working on her rock pathway to the house. I love those chocolate rocks! They add a nice detail.
Karen working hard. She got really frustrated. We ran out of graham crackers, so my dad went to get some more. He came back with them, and sadly most of them were broken, and warped, and really hard to work with. I'm glad Karen did not give up, cause it did turn out really need!
Well, I did not get pictures of any of the finished products. Other people did, but I forgot to steal their pictures.
Here is a movie clip of the making of the gingerbread houses. I think you will have to be logged onto facebook to see it, and maybe my friend as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment