I spent this last weekend with some good friends, in a very peaceful part of Pasco, Washington. I had never been to that part of WA before, and I loved every min of it! The friends I stayed with live outside of town, and the surrounding are gorgeous.
A view of the Snake River from the dining room!
The sun rising in the morning.
Apple orchards surround the house.
While here, I discovered a new love! Chopping wood! I grew up on wood heat, but the chopping was always up to Dad and Nick. I've done plenty of stacking, but never chopping! I found out what a rewarding job it is! And also how many muscles you use! After 3 hours I was a bit sore the next day :)
The pile that we chopped away at!
I was really scared at first, I actually gave up, and said I was just going to stack. So after stacking for a while, I was told that I had to chop again, and give it a real try. So I did, and boy was I glad! I could not stop!
Krista and Dave hard at work as well. We almost finished all of it before we lost day light!
Krista and I thought this would be a perfect time for a few pictures of us together. We have been 'kindred spirits' (as Anne of Green Gables would say) for a long time. It's wonderful to have a friend you can share everything with!
The weekend went by a little too fast! Thank you so much to the folks who opened their home to us. I am looking forward to my next visit :)

No comments:
Post a Comment