I was on Skype today, and my dad's cousin, Martha, who lives in Colombia got on. I will be living with her for 3 months starting in mid April when I go down there. I am usually scared to chat with her on Skype because I am afraid of using my Spanish with her, and not understanding what she is saying. Well, when I saw her on Skype, I decided to tough it up and talk with her. After all, we are going to be living together for 3 months! I am SO glad that I did. It was a wonderful conversation. I understood almost everything she said. She told me that she was speaking slow for me :)
I am going to Colombia for many reasons. To get to know my dad's family, to improve my Spanish, to volunteer with children and to discover the Latina part of me that I know is there. It is going to be unlike any experience I have ever had. One reason I have been blogging more is to get into the habit of it, so when I am down there I can share my adventures.
I thought I had better add a picture :) My last few posts have been just words! This is a picture of one of my families homes in the country in Colombia. I can't wait to be there in person!
These are the apartments where my cousin lives, and also my great aunt and uncle. I will post much much more when I am actually there!
No comments:
Post a Comment