My uncle Ray has retired after working for the City of Portland for 31 years as an Emergency Vehicle Technician. He now gets to do all the projects he wants to do, and enjoy many mini vacations with my aunt Sue :) This is a nice plaque they gave him in honor of his many years of dedicated service. On it is a fireman's hatchet. Not sure that is what it's called :) The firemen were glad to have Ray there, making sure their trucks ran well so they could make it to an emergency!
I had a hard time finding a picture of Ray on my computer, as I only have a few pictures on my lap top. Here is the only one I was able to find.
Now he will have more time to make his yummy hard cider :). Ray always has a project under his belt, and is very talented with tools. He has made so many things in the past for family members, and is the main mechanic for a lot of us. I am sure that he is going to keep himself quite busy!
I would like to share a poem I wrote for Ray a few years back, that just speaks of a few things I have learned from him over the years. It is mostly about money, because he has always tried to instill a good sense into me regarding how I spend my money.
I have learned from Ray the importance of a good nest egg
And I don't really need things that cost an arm and a leg.
You get a good job, and put your money away
So you are not tempted to spend it from day to day.
When you do buy something, pay for it in cash
Then your spending will not be so rash.
Doing it this way you will never regret
The fact that you are living with no debt.
Make sure you keep your things in good condition
And realize you don't have to have the latest edition.
Change your oil, make sure you have gas
This way you know, your car will last.
Another thing is put away for retirement right now
So there will come a time when you can stop wiping the sweat from your brow.
Then when that happens you can sit back, relax, and take a deep breath
Doing what you want with the time you have left.
These are just a few things Ray has taught me
In how to deal with my hard earned money.
Thank you Ray!!
Have fun Ray with this new chapter in your life!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment