Monday, October 20, 2008

Moments with Family

Uncle Domenico and Cousin Martha
Uncle Domenico mending to the fire.


Uncle Humberto, Cousin Martha, Aunt Clemencia
The Delli Carpini's and Cousin Martha


We enjoyed visiting around the fire.

My Dad's cousin, Martha, came to visit from Colombia for the past few weeks. I enjoyed meeting her, and connecting with my family from Colombia. Now I have an open invitation to go and visit when I want. I will have to take her up on that! It's a life long dream to spend time in Colombia, and see where my family came from.
The weekend was interesting as far as communication went. Martha only speaks Spanish, so we all used our Spanish. Uncle Domenic does not speak Spanish, but Italian, so he spoke in Italian. It is so similar to Spanish, that they understood each other. Then there was me trying to keep up with the Italian, Spanish, and English:) We had some good laughs, and I learned a new card game. I had a fun time with Martha, and was very glad to have meet her!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Nice to see pics of people you talk about! :)

Melina said...

I sometimes forget that not everyone knows my family out here. Now you can put a face to the name:)