Friday, March 2, 2012

Moments of Reflection

I find myself awake at this hour, 2:30 in the morning. I am tired, but earlier tonight I was suddenly ready for all my Christmas decorations to be put away! I am just now realizing that I did not take a picture of my little set up. It was quite cute with lights, and a winter village with snow, trees, little houses, and little people. 

Spring is coming! This makes me smile. We used to get our cute chicks in the spring. 

Dad, letting some chicks roost on his arm and nap :)


Mom told me that they might be getting some chicks this year at their new home! It's always nice to have fresh eggs. 

I got a little off base of what this post was going to be about :) Just having fun thinking about the good old days living in the country! 

So, as I was taking down my winter decoration, and putting things away I came across some notes and poems that I got from someone a long time ago. I wanted to share one of them, because it touched my heart. It's called
Fruits of the Spirit
Love is the principle fruit of the Spirit. 
Joy is love rejoicing.
Peace is love resting.
Long suffering is love waiting. 
Gentleness is love understanding.
Goodness is love serving. 
Faith is love trusting. 
Meekness is love submitting.
Temperance is love controlling.


Isn't that just a beautiful picture of what the fruits of the Spirit are! So, as I am sitting here, thinking about spring coming, I am thinking about the spring of my life coming as well. A time of fresh starts. When seeds are planted, flowers bloom, and fruit comes forth. The fruit that is yielded is evidence of the seed that is planted. I can provide the soil of my life, but I want to let God do the planting. 

So, now it is after 3am, and I should wrap this up. Thanks for listening :)



2 comments:

Krista said...

Thank you for sharing. Sweet...

A. Mekvold said...

Love that! Thank you.