Sunday, March 25, 2012

Moments of Babysitting

Last weekend I got to babysit my little cousins while there parents enjoyed a weekend away. We had a lot of fun! It was a nice day, so we decided to go for a walk.




They found some rocks along the way, and each took turns standing on them. It does not take much to entertain little kids :)

The next day was going to be St. Patrick's Day. I wanted to do something fun with their food for breakfast, but I was not sure I was going to be there in the morning. Andrea, my sister, was going to be going into labor at any moment. So I decided to do breakfast for dinner that night, just in case. It was a good thing too!  As you know from my last post , Emmett was born the morning of the 17th. 

So, together we made pancakes and eggs, with green coloring. It was fun to have them help!

I made sure to measure everything in a way that they each got to add each ingredient. They were really good at sharing turns! :)

Mixing the pancake up!  

Added the green coloring.


E told me what a great egg cracker she is, and she really was. 

The pancake cooking.

The eggs cooking. 

Final product! I thought it turned out great :) The pancake was more green on the inside, than the outside.

Yummy! Eating the food they helped make :) 


It was fun spending time with these cuties :) Babysitting them reminded me why I loved being a nanny. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be one again. In the meantime, I will just enjoy my cousins, and especially my new nephew ;)


1 comment:

Krista said...

Very cute! And fun!