I have decided to start writing more poetry again. I know most people don't know that I like to write, but I do. :) I don't usually share much of it because it's personal, but I came across one of my poems again that I feel I can share.
Butterfly
By Melina Sanchez June, 2006
With a colorful countenance for all to see
She is unaware of her own beauty
Quietly gliding thru the air
Flying lightly, without a care
Softly landing from flower to flower
So delicate, not knowing her own power
She helps bring life to the earth
By her gentile work, the soil gives birth
The trees bear fruit, the flowers blossom
She helps us see, our Creator is Awesome
He can do to us what we see in her
Change and transform us from what we were
He wraps us tightly in His grace
The solitude and quiet we embrace
An unseen work is being done
Something so different then how we begun
Made beautiful by the touch of His hand
A work is done, our hearts expand
When the Lord touches our soul
Giving Him full control
We too can be as the butterfly
Flying freely thru the sky

1 comment:
Very nice, Melina! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment