My Papa, Marvin Ames, completed his journey in this life on October 7th, 2010. It was very special for my immediate family and me to be with him as his heart took it's last beat.
I have so many wonderful memories of my Papa. He taught me how to play cribbage, and it became our game to play when ever I saw him. There were many summers that I spent at their house where we would visit the Peterson Rock Gardens, go feed the ducks, ride in go-carts, day trips to the lake, and many many more things. I will miss him, but am glad that I have all these years of memories.
After he died we were trying to find a little poem to add to the memorial program. As we where searching I felt an ache in my heart, and knew that I had to write it for myself. So I will share what I wrote.
A Husband, Dad, and Papa
forever in our heart
Gone on to Eternity
has lived his life and done his part
As we think of what he meant to us
through all of the years
Our lips are made to smile
while our eyes are filled with tears
His memory lives on through
the ones left behind
And we are thankful for each other
where comfort we can find.
Good bye dear one
we will never forget your love
You life and influence lives on
as you rest in peace above.

1 comment:
Melina, I didn't know your Grandpa, but I'm very touched by the poem you wrote! I am glad you have sweet memories.
Post a Comment